Sunday, March 20, 2011

Freddy

Several weeks ago when Madeline and went outside to get the kids from the bus a bird flew off the porch.  Madeline said  "Oh look there is Freddy, he is my pet bird and I named him Freddy".  I told her that was great. When we came back with the kids she told them all about Freddy and Anna Elise told her to make sure Freddy didn't poop on us!  Days later Madeline and I  were looking out the back window and she got very excited - there were several birds hopping along eating seeds on the grass, "Look Mom, there is Freddy, he is the bird in the middle hopping on the grass!".  The next week we were just pulling out in the car when a bird flew by, "Look Mom there is Freddy, he wants to come too!".  This morning as we left for church the discussion turned to Freddy again.  He seemed to be following us as he was seen in every yard we passed!  Calvin and Anna Elise got in the discussion.  They finally convinced Madeline that it was actually two birds, so now we have Freddy and Steven.  There was lots of discussion on gender.  Madeline calls the birds 'he' and they have boy names but for some reason she thought they were girls.  She was a bit upset.  For a while one of the birds was Jessica.  We'll see what she says the next time we see a bird outside!   
(Does she remind you of one of my 'little' sisters?)

3 comments:

Trina said...

Hilarious! Madeline always makes me smile. Thanks for sharing.

Jessica said...

I'm honored that my name was used for a bird! Freddy sightings will probably be remembered by your kids for a long, long time.

Betsy said...

That is so cute. I am guessing the sister you are talking about is Stephanie?