Monday, July 2, 2012

Eating on the Floor

We are so grateful to have a cool place to sleep - but it's hard too.  I don't want to move our whole house over here, we don't know when the power will come back on or if our tenant will decide they do want to move in - so there is a bit of uncertainty.   I try to do as much as I can at our house and not have to haul so much stuff over to the rental - but with limited power and 90 degree temperatures (in the house) it's hard to do anything there.   Probably the hardest thing is meals.  There is no table or chairs at the rental, so I do as much food prep at home as I can, bring everything else over here and we eat on the floor!  The kids think it's a great adventure!

 Taco salad with strawberry lemonade smoothies.  


Celeste is probably having the hardest time.  She doesn't like the heat and she doesn't like sleeping in a pak n play

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you poor things! I'm glad you had some friends help you out! that's awful!

Heninger family said...

Glad you were able to make it work--doesn't sound fun, of course, but you made the best of it:P