Friday, May 22, 2009

Mowing the Lawn

Calvin LOVES to mow the lawn. He loves to play with lawn mowers. We've had a lot of rain lately - which means that Calvin has not had the'lawn mowing' time he needs. He was outside playing one day and decided to play with Dad's lawn mower. He puts muddy water in his lawn mower's gas tank, so he decded to fill Dad's up with som too. A few days later, when the rain stopped long enough for everything to dry out and the 'grass' (read weeds) was up to our knees, Mike tried to mow the lawn. Funny thing - the lawn mower wouldn't start. That's when we went looking for Calvin. So, we explained to Calvin that muddy water is not good for Dad's lawn mower and it
was now broken. Calvin offered Dad the use of his lawn mower. We explained that his lawn mower doesn't really cut grass. Calvin retorted "yes it does, when I push it the grass flies up
in the air". We couldn't stop laughing. What do you say to that? We finally found a small engine
repair place and Mike dropped the mower off. A few days later I went to pick the mower up.
I don't mow the lawn, I dont' know what our lawn mower looks like. I took the one the guy loaded into my car. How was I suppose to know that we had a dark green lawn mower and that
I brought home a black one? The guy accidently gave us his loaner mower. He wanted to come by and switch the mowers, but I'd run an errand on my way home from the small engine repair shop and locked my keys in the car. Mike couldn't find the spare so he just picked me up. The guy had to come by later that night after we'd picked up the spare key, got the car home and unloaded his mower. Yes, that is usually how our life goes...what can I say? After almost 8 years, I am finally getting used to it. I didn't even get mad that I locked the keys in the car and had to wait an hour. A whole hour to myself without anything to do - how often does that happen?
Anyway, Calvin was out mowing with his dad again tonight. We got pictures of that 'flying grass' on his lawn mower, proof that a plastic mower without blades really does cut grass!





2 comments:

Chantal said...

Too funny. I'm jealous of your hour spent alone. How nice would that be!!

Jana said...

Your life is NEVER boring! Thanks for the laugh!