Sunday, May 31, 2009

Harvest, already?

So we've been eating out of our garden - really! It's growing like a weed. I keep thinking I need
to post about it, but then two days later it's grown some more. Everything is living and looks good, I keep waiting for things to die and they don't, so I have started to do a little bit of thinning, it's never going to all fit in that tiny raised bed! My peas that I bought as plants have died, but not before they gave us about 6 or 7 peas to eat (peas, not pods). It was crazy - they had these tiny little pods with anywhere from one to three full size, sweet, peas inside. The kids ate them and loved them! We've also had one strawberry to eat. The kids checked on it's progress 2-3 times a day until it was finally red enough to pick. They all took a bite and declared it tasty! I have three little green tomatoes that they watch faithfully - they want them to turn red so they can pick them. If nothing else, my kids are having a great time with this garden!






1 comment:

BrittanyLane said...

Wow. Looks great! I'm a little jealous of the longer growing season. We are a few weeks behind you, and I'll be really surprised if we actually get strawberries this year. They look yummy...