Sunday, May 31, 2009

Work and More Work

We've been working on our house and it just seems to never end. 2 days after I repaint a wall there are dirty finger prints, smudges, crayon, pen, ect all over it again! It's a losing battle. I have finished my awful utility room. I scraped the peeling paint off, painted the plaster that is still intact, and moved my rug in there. We also moved everything out and put it in our shed, so I have room to do laundry and I can open the freezer door all the way without tripping! Mike has been wanting to get rid of our living room rug, so you can see the hardwoord floors and that rug has been peed and spit up on for 4 years now, so it's probably ok to use it for the utility room now...I'll just have to get a new one, the sacrafices I make... We've also finished fixing the damage we did to our stairs, basically rebuilding the staircase at the bottom, had carpet laid, added more trim and put up a sliding door. I've included pictures of everything. Really, if we can't sell it, I love it, we'll be ok here. I'll just send the kids outside more often =-) I added several pictures since most of our family hasn't ever seen our house.



with the sliding door closed (we will add a handle to open it)
the door partially open
a closeup of all the work Mike did


living/family room


dinning room
weird view of part of my kitchen


half of our upstairs master suite - those doors are our bathroom and closet
the other side of the stairs is our office, small couch, and tv



two views of my new and improved utility room


3 comments:

Jana said...

Your house looks great! I would buy it!

Eyvon said...

Your stairs look fabulous and your utility room is a great improvement too!

Trina said...

It looks very nice! Good luck!