Saturday, January 14, 2012

Packing

Mike and I are leaving early tomorrow morning - we'll be gone for a week.  I think I'll be excited and relaxed once I get there - but right now I'm too stressed about getting everything done, and packed, and cleaned and explained and ready.   I've never been gone from my kids for this long before.  The few times I've been gone longer then 1 night, they've been with their dad.  I know they'll be ok - I have an amazing babysitter for them =).
Mike has to go to a 3 day convention for his work and so I'm going with him.  We are going to stay a few extra days to celebrate our 10th Aniversary.  It was 10 years in August and we put our annual over-night trip on hold until now, so we could do a 'big' trip.  I don't know if I'll be posting next week - but I will be taking lots of pictures!  

4 comments:

Janet Mae said...

You didnt say where youre going.

Sally said...

You'll have to wait and see - or just ask Mom =)

Sunshine said...

I've totally been in your shoes. It's funny how much you want to go and have a break and some couple time and yet how difficult it all is. From the prep and clean up, to the stress of traveling, to missing the kiddos. At least that's my experience but I can't wait to do it again:)Just so you know, I ALMOST came home early last time.

Heninger family said...

Hope you have a great time! Your kids will have fun, too:)