Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Relaxation

Today we only had meetings until noon! I skipped one of them to sit on my balcony and read my book.  After lunch we skyped with the kids (so fun!) and then headed to the Yhi Spa here at the Gran Melia Resort.  So nice.  We were able to use the hydro therapy before our appointments - so we swam in a pool with all kinds of seats, jets, and spouts to massage.  We also had access to a steam room, sauna, experience shower, and rain shower (that just means cold).  Then we had our ichthyotherapy - we stuck our feet into a tank of small toothless fish that ate the dead skin off of our feet.  Mike was so relaxed he dozed off, not so much for me.  It was interesting - my feet were very soft and smooth when we got done!  The short massages we got afterwards were very soothing.  We ended the evening with a fiesta, complete with a Mexican dance show.
Not high quality pictures today - sorry.

A shot of our Skype session


A tank of the flesh eating fish!

1 comment:

Trina said...

Sounds like a relaxing day. I would't be dozing off when my feet were in a a tank with flesh eating fish.